Koh Rong island is one of the most attractive destinations in Cambodia which is famous for its long white sand beaches and fascinating activities. In this article, we will give you useful information for your trip when taking Cambodia Indochina tours.
How to get to Koh Rong Island
Before coming to the paradise Koh Rong, you have to “transit” in the coastal city Sihanoukville Cambodia where there are numerous stunning beaches and pristine islands. From Sihanoukville, you take the boat for about 2-2.5 hours to Koh Rong. The round-trip ticket price is about $20 per person. The boat departs from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong at 9 am, 11 am and 3 pm and departs from Koh Rong at 10 am, 12 am and 4 pm. If you are going to visit there at the weekend, you should book the cruise directly in the harbor in advance because this is a favorite destination of Cambodian at weekend.
Where to stay when you visit Koh Rong
Traveling to Koh Rong, you should experience staying at a wooden bungalow with a thatched roof. The dorm rate is about $3- $6 per person and the bungalow one is about $15- $50 per person.
Some great areas:
– Koh Toch – the heart of the village which is near the quiet and beautiful White Beach.
– Long Beach: A more pristine beach than Koh Rong Saloem, where you can sink into the sunset but it is slightly inconvenient to go to the town.
Good bungalows in Koh Toch area
– Smile Bungalows by Smile Resorts: The room rate is from $25. The beach is in front of the bungalow. This is the best place for BBQ at night.
– Coco Boutique Resort: Located in the center near the harbor, this resort serves European dishes. The dorm rate is about $12 and $35 for double rooms.
– Koh Rong Boutique: this place is situated on the road trekking through Long Beach. The room rate is about $35 per night.
Hotels in White Beach area
White Beach is a quiet place located on the right side of the wharf (inland direction) with nice beaches, and tree houses in Treehouse Bungalows.
– Paradise Bungalows: this bungalow has the convenient location, near Smile Bungalows and quieter than the town area. It is quite near the dining area. The room rate is about $20.
– Tree House Bungalow: It is very famous in Koh Rong. Isolated from Koh Toch area, this bungalow has a wooden bridge for you to take photos and walking. There are some interesting tree houses there and Blog Jump game.
Police Beach area
Police Beach Hotel is the only place to stay in this area. It is completely separate from the village area with private beach, nice bungalows beside the forest and an area for parties. The owners here are the nomads from somewhere in Europe. The room rate here is very cheap, about $12 a night.
What to eat in Koh Rong Island
There are grilled seafood, Khmer dishes and European cuisine here. The most delicious food here is seafood BBQ at the price of $5 including vegetables, potato, bread, squid, and shrimp.
The cheapest restaurant here is Three Brothers that serves chicken rice, pork rice, and fried rice. It’s suitable for breakfast and lunch.
The BBQ restaurant for the night is Ponleu Pich, next to Three Brothers where you can enjoy the most delicious smoothies on the island.
Coco European Restaurant: this restaurant serves European food at the quite high price.
What to do in Koh Rong
If you want to go diving or learn diving, Koh Rong is also a good choice. You can contact the center of Koh Rong diving center office at the pier.
Trekking through the forest
Trekking is an exciting activity that you should not miss when traveling there. Taking part in this activity, you can watch the natural scenery of the forest and reach many parts of the island as a form of free island hopping. You should go in a group, wear long pants, carry insect repellent and a flashlight.
What to prepare when traveling to Koh Rong Island
– Bring the mosquito repellent. In Koh Rong in particular and in Cambodia in general, there are a lot of mosquitoes.
– Suncream: to protect your skin from the ultraviolet ray.
– Sandals: It’s convenient if you tend to plat zipline and trekking the forest.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Gopro or waterproof bag for your phone.
– Neat clothes: Because the weather is hot and there is much sand, you should not wear dress, pants or high heels. Let’s wear shorts.
– Bring the backpack, not suitcase to be convenient for traveling.
– Prepare your passport.
Hope that with the information we suggested, you can prepare well for your next holiday in Koh Rong. For more information about Indochina vacation, you can visit our website. Share this article if it’s useful for you. Have a nice trip!